Growing up in a small city, I often use life illustrations from that time to teach people how to be successful. Over the years, I would tell audiences that when you hitch two horses to the same wagon you get more pulling power than adding what the two horses could pull separately. Although I didn’t do any literal testing or calculations, I knew this intuitively.
At 20, I realized that my success wasn’t going to be determined by my gifts, my abilities or my opportunities.
The results are well worth the effort because of what my team does for me.
1. My team makes me better than I am. If the members of my team were here, they’d tell you the same thing.
2. My team multiplies my value to others. These people don’t add to my worth when it comes to contributing to others; they multiply it greatly.
3. My team allows me to help others do their best. Having a team allows me to move people around until they’re in what I call their “sweet spot” or “strength zone”—the place where talent meets passion, resulting in fulfillment and excellence.
4. My team gives me more time. Without this group of trusted colleagues, I’d have to do everything by myself—or at least keep a close eye on it all. With a great team, others can shoulder key responsibilities, freeing me to concentrate on my top priorities.
5. My team provides me with companionship. I’m happy to say that some of my best friends are my team players.
6. My team helps me fulfill the desires of my heart. Not only that, but they help me fulfill them in a way that often far exceeds my expectations.
7. My team compounds my vision and my effort. When you’re surrounded by a great group of people, the well-known saying for T-E-A-M really proves true: Together Everyone Achieves More.
8. If you want to have a better quality of work life, more productivity, greater profit and an easier time at managing people – create true team dynamics.
The best part is that these benefits don’t just apply to me. A great team can do all this for any leader who stops trying to be a one-person show. As Andrew Carnegie said, “It marks a big step in your development when you come to realize that other people can help you do a better job than you can do alone.” It would not be wrong to say that teamwork provide the energy to create synergy.
Navrattan Free Power Corporation Limited.(NFPCL)